This fun and inexpensive DIY floral idea will be a hit on its own or mixed with vases of the same floral. Love the simplicity of the vintage saucers with the single blooms!
-Vintage Saucers: We collected saucers at thrift shops and found a few on sale. They were easy to find for under $1 a piece. We used 12 saucers for a 6 foot long table.
-12 flower stems (for a 6 foot table)
Flowers that work well for this project:
Garden roses or very open roses
1. Clip off the stems so the flowers can sit flat.
2. Line up the saucers down the center of the table. Just eye what looks good for you!
3. Fill the saucers with water.
4. Float on large or a few small floral heads in water.
5. Mist with water.
- You may have to re-cut the stem of the flower to make sure it really does sit flat once in water. It should be floating on the water, not standing on its stem.
- Put the saucers on the table before you fill them with the water and flowers.
- Because the centerpiece has to be set up on site, you might want to consider asking a friend, caterer, or wedding planner to do this for you.